[Land-speed] Thanksgiving

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Fri Nov 23 06:23:43 MST 2007

If you live near a military base and have the opportunity next Thanksgiving (or anytime during the year) , think about inviting  a service man or woman into your home  to show them that they are truly appreciated.  We live just down the road from a tiny joint service base that  has about 50   marines fresh out of basic. It's 12 miles from the nearest fast food joint and they're only allowed off base on weekends, and holidays. On Thanksgiving or Christmas,  you don't have to be in Baghdad to be  lonesome.   Every base has a community   liaison  or public affairs office that can set it up.   We own a horse ranch, and have a decent shop, and we really love it when an 19 year old cowboy/cowgirl  from Oklahoma, or a gearhead from Kansas is in the mix -   take a couple pictures to give these great kids, and stick some in a card thanking their families   for such great kids.  It gave us a whole new outlook on giving thanks.
Mark C