[Land-speed] Scrape prices.... Kind of LSR

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 15:10:49 MST 2007

When they rebuilt I-15 before the 2000 Winter Olympics, a local scrap
dealer, Sandy Pepper at Utah Barrel, bid on the steel girders they
removed to build the longer bridges.  His bid wasn't for the steel but
a price for the freeway builders to pay him to take the scrap steel
away and remove the lead based paint.  When they talk about "clean"
scrap, there's a reason today.  Sandy did just fine on the deal.

Wes