[Land-speed] Vent Tube Routing

bobbyhotrods at comcast.net bobbyhotrods at comcast.net
Fri Nov 16 08:22:10 MST 2007

Hello list. After looking around for a compact Moontank check valve, I found one at Coleman Racing. I know the preferred routing for the subsequent vent tube is a nearly 360* loop around the tank, but I'll confess I don't fully understand the concept. If any fluid got in the tube wouldn't it interfere with breathing, or is that the idea, such that any gas that gets into the tube will get sucked back into the tank? Also, for the sake of a neat appearance couldn't I just route the tube down the back side of the tank, across, then up to approximately the same level? Thanks, BJ