[Land-speed] auxiliary power

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Thu Nov 8 20:20:45 MST 2007

 Howdy, I seem to remember a rule that allows an auxiliary engine to power
>> anything other that the drive wheels, so if I have an omega class engine,
>> can I use an internal combustion engine to power the auxiliaries? my rule
>> book being somewhere other than where I am at this time,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>> anybody got an answer?

I suspect that this would fall under the multple engine rule...not allowed
except in streamliner. Also any additional displacement would figure into
the class displacement limits if it was allowed.

If memory serves me well, Ak Miller and Dr. Ostich had planned to use a
Harley engine to drive a supercharger in the Henry-J "Thing" and it was
disallowed. That was 1957!!!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC...(Car loaded and we are leaving for El Mirage
in the AM).