[Land-speed] Another Wheel Question...

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Sat Nov 3 12:00:00 MST 2007

Mayf;

Check the radial runout as well as axial. Although a tire is never exactly
round, adding radial runout from a wheel that it's mounted on makes that
problem worse.

Ten & sixteen thousands sounds OK to me. Maybe the rear axle mounting
surfaces aren't true or perhaps the lug nuts were not tightened evenly. I
always use a torque wrench and use a recommended tightening pattern.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ