[Land-speed] Trans Tail-shaft

3 liter saltfever at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 18:51:04 MDT 2007

I have been sitting here thinking of my driveshaft spinning 8,000 rpm under
load, for a couple of minutes and wondering (worrying) about that tail-shaft
bushing.  I have a Muncie M-22 (rock crusher) and was wondering how, or if,
you modify the tail-shaft bushing in anyway? I have seen pictures of
tail-shafts for many of the popular trans and they all have a hose clamp
around the bushing area? What is going on with the hose-clamp deal?  Your
thoughts and ideas are requested and welcome :-)   -Elon