[Land-speed] Space shuttle & LSR

Glen Barrett speedtimer at beyondbb.com
Fri Jun 22 15:45:15 MDT 2007

What a beautiful sight to watch it land again today. It was on TV but the
feelings still there. I worked on the development of some of the SS ducting
when the program started while I was working at Arrowhead products. Only a
small part but I never get tired of seeing the launch and returns.  It just
shows what a great country we live in and what we a capable of.

The same is LSR and the early days of the lakes to the present days that we
look forward to every year, just think in 49 days we will be looking at the
mass at the drivers meeting and wishing we had time to talk to everyone there.
The next best thing is the Bend in the road Sunday gathering for a chance to
meet with the old and new racers.

There is a meet at Maxton this week end and in 3 weeks a lakes meet followed
by speed week in such a short time.
The lack of rooms and hi gas prices have not stopped the racers, all 519
entries from staying home from what we all love. The need for speed.
See ya there.
Glen