[Land-speed] Cutting and Fitting Braided Stainless Lines

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 16:19:08 MDT 2007

3 liter <saltfever at comcast.net> wrote:... ... My concern is that the braided "joint" is partially based on compression and friction. Anything done to lesson these two variables would weaken the joint. Will the glue interface have any effect (good or bad)?

  I thought about that before I put my idea on the list.  When the cyanoacrylate dries, it is actually a crystaline material.  When tightening the collar on the AN fitting, you can hear and feel the crystal shatter at about hard finger pressure on the wrench.  I took the collar back off to check it after tightening all the way and virtually all of the glue had fallen away as dust.  I wouldn't worry about it unless I were using the 2,100 PSI used in aircraft or the 3,500 PSI used in F1 cars.  I'm sure my fuel pump doesn't put out that much.  :)

  DickJ