[Land-speed] Downforce vs Ballast - the Answer

Flowbench at aol.com Flowbench at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 19:07:03 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/10/2007 5:54:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man at yahoo.com writes:

Just  about everybody gave the answer that I expected.  Use Ballast - not
downforce.  This being the case, why do so many cars - - door slammers,  have
these monster, exotic spoilers (almost wings) on the rear deck  lids.  Why not
leave the body alone and just add weight without adding  all that additional
drag?

Are you talking about LSR? I don't see that many "big" spoilers in LSR
except for some of the big bad blown fueler type engines, most of the lower
classes with normal aspiration remove their spoilers.