[Land-speed] Sweet Sixteen

Mark J. Bradakis mjb at autox.team.net
Sun Jun 10 00:34:33 MDT 2007

Today was the British Field Day, put on by various car clubs
here in Salt Lake City, like the British Motor Club, the
Healey club, the Land Rover folks as well as some vintage
motorcycle groups.  A fun time, a pleasant way to spend
a few hours.  And this year was the 16th annual event, having
been started in 1991.

And 1991 was the year that the domain Team.Net was first put on the
air.  Sixteen years ago, when you had to explain to folks that the dot
was not silent.  Actually the lists, only two back in the beginning,
were going strong for a few years before the Team.Net domain went on
the air.

A lot has happened since then, some changes for the better, some not.
But one thing remains, the various mailing lists, web sites, FTP
archives, wiki and such are still being run by some old computer guy
on piles of creaky hardware in his basement.  That guy, of course, is
me.

There are out of pocket expenses incurred in keeping it all going.
Once or twice a year I make a request for donations to help cover the
costs of keeping it all going, or maybe a refreshing beverage from
an appreciative subscriber.  No big sales pitch, this is the only
message you'll get from me.  If you enjoy the services I put on the
net and have a few extra dollars, I'd appreciate a contribution, of
whatever dollar amount you feel comfortable with.  If you aren't in
a position to donate, don't worry about it.  If you are one of the
folks who has recently sent in something without prompting, go ahead
and smile smugly - you are off the hook.

Contribution details can be found at http://www.team.net/donate.html

Thanks,
mjb.