[Land-speed] BBC Cooling System, part 2

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 22:59:44 MDT 2007

Hi  DickJ

I run a 180 degree thermostat in the Lakester but I run a 5/8" up  to a 3/4"
diameter restrictor's in my drag and roundy round  cars.

Part 2

The size hole for each application is determined from trial and error  based
on the capabilities of your cooling system to transfer heat.

I want to run the engine as hot as possible without getting into  detonation,
melt down or heat related oil failure.

Heat is HP,,, to a point.

I find 220 a nice "safe place" to run. I don't like to go over 230-240 on a
regular basis, unless it's the last lap and I'm leading, then I run it till
meltdown!!! I'm just going from esperience on those temps.

DickJ, I got to looking at your handle. My "dick" looked like a "J" once.
I'm on a MC trip from Chi to Boston. I meet a lovely lady at the bar who  digs
my scooter and we head back to her place. We're both frantically  stripping
down and I realize I need to take out my contact lenses before I  forget and glue
my eyes shut during the night. I rush up to her waist high  dresser which has
a full mirror behind it. It also had the top drawer open. My  "special
purpose" hung over the open drawer until I bent over to  get a closer look in the
mirror at which time it went in the drawer just as I  leaned forward, closing
the drawer shut! And I mean SHUT! I jumped back in pain  which freed "Big
Willie" when "it" stretched out and pulled the drawer open....  Ouch! It still hurts
me when I think about it!!! Fortunately the "J" bend  straightened out very
quickly!

True story.
Otto