[Land-speed] Petrol breakdown, not LSR

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Wed Jul 18 09:21:20 MDT 2007

I feel fortunate to live in Redding CA. I am not up to speed on the cost per
KW, (my wife pays those bills),  but I do know that our rates are much lower
than P.G.E. Redding has an agreement with the Shasta Dam Generation for
power, plus we have had some visionaries in the power department that
acquired and built generation plants so that they actually export power to
other areas most of the time.

I understand that P.G.E. Is abandoning many of the hydroelectric facilities,
this having to do with an agreement when they were coming out of bankruptcy.
Maybe some one on line knows something about the reasons for this. I am
puzzled!

We installed a new Central A/C & Heating (gas) Unit at our home this past
year. It is amazing how much energy can be saved by simply updating this
type of equipment. We cut our consumption by at least 25%. A lot of power
can also be saved by changing lighting. My thought is that if we want to
preserve our present lifestyle, we must have a mind for conservation.

The end of May, I journeyed back to Rock Port MO to see family and attend my
60th High School Graduation Bash. At the Banquet, the mayor spoke and told
us that Rock Port would receive 100 %
Of its power from wind generation by the end of the year. The first
town/city in the US to do so. They are also building an Alcohol Plant and
Bio-Diesel Plant. I suspect that other communities are making moves in the
direction also. Particularly in the Midwest where the wind is dependable and
the corn grows tall.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC