[Land-speed] New course buzz LSR

Jon Wennerberg jon at infodestruction.com
Tue Jul 17 11:22:46 MDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 1:06 PM, James Tone wrote:

Jon W, it sounds funny to me the M/C's would not have had the same
thing happen to them that happens to the cars when entering the
impound gate. My time was always written down as I stopped at the
entrance. The guy has a table and an umbrella. Maybe I'm missing
something here where the M/C inspection team want each competitor too
check in with them too.  Maybe the M/C guys don't stop at the gate or
are told during inspection that they are to check in only with the
inspection trailer. I'll see Russ and Tom at the Friday meeting and
ask them.

Just remember that even tho I'm back this year you still have the
Heads until you find someone else :<)...J.D.

J.D:

Not that we've gone to impound all that many times -- but more than
just a few times -- at the "gate" we'd slow down to say hi and get
the slip signed -- and we'd get waved through without having to stop
for a signature or check of the timing slip.  We both know that we're
supposed to check in -- but it hasn't been required of us each and
every time.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I do make sure once we're in impound -- usually before I take the
time to park the rig -- that I scurry over to the bike trailer and
get someone to log us in so there is an official time of arrival on
the slip/paperwork.

I don't tell folks NOT to stop at the gate when I'm inspecting, and I
don't remember getting told that, either.  Yes, please -- get Russ
and Tom together so all the racers are playing on the same field.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)

PS  Whaddaya mean, find someone else -- to be the official Potentate
of Porta Potties?  You think I'd give up that honorable title without
a struggle?