[Land-speed] Fw: FW: Fossett Update July 11

wester6935 at comcast.net wester6935 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 19:07:19 MDT 2007

I think they already have a long course dragged for Fosset.  Consider this ... 3 courses for Speedweek, two for World of Speed ... usually the same courses after a month to heal, Fosset's course, the Bub course and probably a long FIA attempt course for Burklands, Nish and Poteet.  I'd need pre-programmed coordinates in my GPS to find starting lines and course markings for all of those.  The long courses will likely have to cross other shorter courses.  There's going to have to be a serious attempt to keep the salt as pristine as possible by everyone who ventures off the access road.  Some dune byggey types have already left deep donuts off the end of the access road, tearing up the salt in that fragile area.  The mountain side of the salt is still wet a long way down the normal access road's track.  The bottom line is; respect the area for whomever is coming after you.  This includes dumping of coolant and the drink coolers as well.  As much as you can, take your own trash off the
 salt rather than using the dumpsters where stuff can blow out.  Think of it as you being the next guy.

Wes

From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon at comcast.net>