[Land-speed] Rule Question...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Jul 12 18:13:42 MDT 2007

As ya'll know I am on th e look out for a small turbocharged car that I
can let my wife drive. I am looking for a 1987/1988 Chevrolet Turbo
Sprint or on eof the variants as sold in Canada. But, now in rereading
the rules, para 5.E.2, something has popped up and I would like a
clarification on... the rule says the "vehicle shall be as originally
equipped and configured e.g. if it comes with two  (2) superchargers, it
shall have two (2) superchargers."  The part about as "originally
equipped" is the root of my question. Does this mean that if I had a car
with a very small turbo from the factory and wanted to install a bigger
turbo that I could not do it?   What about an intercooler?  It had one
about the size of a postage stamp, lol, but I was thinking of water to
air type. That would be key to making one of these dinky suckers run
fairly fast.  Are there any other thoughts I should consider before
jumping off the deep end here (yeah, I know some of ya want me to do
that...and with an anchor tied around my neck, lol)?

Dan, anybody else in the know know the answer here?  Any more thoughts?