[Land-speed] Ford's Hydrogen 999 racer shooting for fuel cell land speed record » Hybrid News

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 11:35:54 MDT 2007

Mayf--
Sounds good on paper; but who's going to want to tell his crew and
especially the people who bankroll his effort for a publicity return that he
waited for shorter lines and got an event killing thunderstorm and 4 inches
of water on the Salt instead or project problems that took more than 3 days
to solve after the first run?
OK, GM had their chance to get a good reputation and ended up with some egg
on their face.  Now it's Ford's turn.  They pretty much blew it when the
universities like UC Davis handed them hybrid technology on a silver platter
in the early 90's annual competitions.  We'll get a chance in our own
"house" to see if they've managed to shed any of the hubris that seems to
grow like weeds around Detroit.
These things always make an interesting study.  I hope the layers of Ford
management directly involved will listen to Rick and not just treat him like
just another hired gun to be used and discarded when it's convenient.
Ed Weldon