[Land-speed] Ford's Hydrogen 999 racer shooting for fuel cell land speed record » Hybrid News

wester6935 at comcast.net wester6935 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 10:22:50 MDT 2007

Actually, the SoCal car that set a record was a stock bodied Cobalt. I have
no idea of engine location, front/rear drive on that car.  I guess I was always
more enamored with the other projects they were playing with. The HHR
was modified the way it was to avoid some pre-release spy shots from what I
was told by some of the attending crew.  Whether that is correct or not is
not that important.  Remember, it was on the salt a couple of years before
the production HHR's made an appearance.  That car was well buile for safety
as the crash video has shown

With Rick's experience on the salt I'm sure the car he is driving will be very
safe.  He had some major input early on in the project.  Being a retired Ford
engineer does have some influence when it goes with a 2 Club hat, even
with Roush.  He's in the same situation some of us used to be in at school.
You caught more flack at home after a problem all was cleared at school.
Glynis would not be very forgiving if he hurt himself while racing.  Remember
he still has that lakester to sort out.

Wes

From: James Tone <gmc6power at earthlink.net>