[Land-speed] No LSR---Frank Fiore

Rich Fox v4gr at rcn.com
Fri Jul 6 15:53:32 MDT 2007

Today I read in the paper that Frank Fiore had died. I doubt any one here
knows who he was, but when I went to work at the airline in '65 he was pointed
out to me right away. Frank was a lead mechanic at the Line Matinance Facility
at SFO. And Frank had driven at Indy. For years after I went to work there
Frank continued to own and run an Indy car at the Indy 500. The really big
time. My shop steward had a 270 Offy powered sprinter he maintained for one of
the foreman. But Frank was part of the 500. I don't think just regular guys
still run in the 500. He was a hero to alot of us.  RF