[Land-speed] Oscar Peterson dies, non LSR

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 12:32:06 MST 2007

For anyone who likes jazz, this is a major loss.  On one memorable
night I sat on the front row at Shelley's Manne Hole in Hollywood, (a
prime spot for jazz music in the 50's and 60's) when Oscar was
playing, with my feet almost under the piano bench.  I've heard him on
other occasions but never with the same proximity.  That's an evening
I'll never forget.  He leaves behind a legacy of over 60 recorded
albums if I remember correctly.

Breaking news here:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22389614/

Wes