[Land-speed] Finally an LSR Question

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 10 19:28:31 MST 2007

I only see a problem when it's a real racing engine with the cam
operating the valve directly and
expensive light weight components.
Example: A 3L 4 valve V-8  N/A would probably be happy with 20-40 lbs.
seat pressure. It doesn't
have a  big bunch of machinery rattling around trying to bounce a valve
open like a SBC.
I shimmed my stock Kawasaki valves .040 and that increased the seat
pressure to the point that
I couldn't open the valves with my fingers. Thumbs - yes, fingers - no.
It made me feel better!
Max boost was 22-24 PSIG at Bonneville (4216', DA 7500').

Bryan