[Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

John Staiger lsrvette at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 18:13:29 MDT 2007

Excuse this post if this suggestion has already be stated, however a simple
and low cost hands free chute system can be added to a traditional (and very
reliable) Morse cable by doing the following:  add a 12v solenoid (think
electric door lock) to the existing Morse cable.  By this I mean that we
added a short length of 3/16 stainless wire rope between the solenoid and a
cable clamp on the exposed end of the Morse near the chute.  The solenoid is
then triggered via a standard automotive relay and the push button switch of
your choice.

We mounted two of these (high speed and emergency) on the 1150 streamliner
bike so Gary did not have to take is hands off the bar (very bad things can
happen when you do this on a bike!).  They have never failed or given us the
slightest problems.  And if they do... there is always the manual pull.

Just a thought...

John