[Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

Flowbench at aol.com Flowbench at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 11:54:40 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/29/2007 12:29:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jgmagoo at comcast.net writes:

> My question is, what is a super-reliable, fool-proof system for releasing
> the chute using a button/ switch on the steering wheel?

By now I'm sure everyone is tired of the replies either for or against a
steering wheel mounted chute release. So in that vain I'll just add to the cannon
fodder....
On the new car we are building we have an air shifted transmission with a
shift button on one side of the steering wheel and a second chute release button
on the other using a small air solenoid to "pull" the chute cable for us.
Simple. Yes, it's no big deal to mount a simpler (is that a word?) lever pull the
chute open as most of us have done in the past so chose what fits the best for
you.

Mike