[Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

dan warner dwarner230 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 07:18:29 MDT 2007

You will also need a redundent, cable, release in the case of failure of the primary steering wheel release.

  DW

jgmagoo at comcast.net wrote:
  I read the post about being able to release the chute without taking either hand off the steering wheel. This is interesting and makes sense.

I am building an enclosed cockpit lakester.

My question is, what is a super-reliable, fool-proof system for releasing the chute using a button/ switch on the steering wheel? I assume it would be something of an electrical or air-actuated release. What I guess I'm asking is what is the safest and most reliable method of accomplishing this. A lever and cable release, which I see used by many, seems very reliable and fool-proof, but the hands-on-the-wheel idea seems to have merit also. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks.

Jim
dwarner230 at yahoo.com

Land-speed mailing list

Started 62nd, first to finish - PRC Reliability Run '07