[Land-speed] cockpit design and layout OT

Greg Meyers advo at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 18:37:52 MDT 2007

Thanks Ed,
I have built a  movable elevated "stage" jig to develop the chassis on.  I
mocked up the car as you suggested.  The amount of room for the footwells,
the amount of knee-bend and elbow bend that may be appropriate will be a
little hard to know until I try to drive it.  I am using measurements from a
Mini Cooper S as a sort of guideline, since I know that I can live with
that, however I will be lower to the ground and more recumbent in the
"Tribaker". Right now, I'm grappling with extending the  wheelbase to
accommodate me, my LP tanks and a CG height of 19".
Best to all
We'll be back on the Salt next August!
Greg Meyers

Greg--
There are no "right" dimensions...........