[Land-speed] cockpit design and layout

DahMurf lsr1301 at dahmurf.com
Tue Aug 28 15:23:36 MDT 2007

We have checklists taped to our tanks on our bikes. We don't really have a
pit crew so it's usually only the pilot and possibly one crew member at the
line. Arm this, flip that switch, whatever. You can bet when I run at
Bonneville I'll have it taped on there which way to turn & how many miles to
run! lol! If you try to remember too much you get bogged down in details you
don't need on your mind while you're trying to run. All I have to remember
is to check the list & once that's done it's out of my head. There's nothing
worse then hitting that button to shift only to find out you didn't arm the
shifter! I've even gone as far as to tape off shift points on the speedo of
a bike that had no tach. Whatever works!

We've told a lot of racers to do it & some are "too proud" to do it. And yet
they botch run after run because they forgot this or that!

Check lists are good! :^D

Debbie #1302
Twin Jugs Racing