[Land-speed] HEY GUYS ( and gals? )

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 21:48:27 MDT 2007

Debbie--
They're all scared they're going to insult you.  Or they're mostly car types
that don't understand bikes.  Or they're all still sleeping off SpeedWeek.
Or they're busy joining AARP. or......who knows?
Sometimes this bunch likes to just chat, sometimes they get real
philosophical, sometimes they're just too busy to read past the third
sentence in a posting.
As for me.........
I like the motorcycle racers in the LSR world.  They do a lot of neat stuff.
And they're a pretty solid bunch.  I promised Sandy, my wife of 44 years,
when we first started going together that I would just mess with cars and no
bikes.  She's full supported the car hobby ever since.  But I have to admit
that the state of engine development in the bike world offers some real
interesting stuff.
Women in the LSR sport are quite welcome to most of us.  Some of them are
especially good in the driver's seat.  They also have an advantage in square
inches of frontal area.
Young racers are the future of our sport. All the better if they are new at
it.  Without you there would be nobody who would listen to what us old
geezers say.
A well thought out and written commentary like yours of a few days ago is a
keeper.  You might be surprised at how many read it and even copy it for
future reference without saying anything.
So what'll it take to get you to Bonneville?
Ed Weldon