[Land-speed] Driving skills

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Sat Aug 25 22:56:33 MDT 2007

Hey guys..  I really didn't bring this topic up as an "age" issue... but as
a skill question.

Don Biglow was driving a Lakester out there this year and he's over 70...
I'd put his physical condition down as better then most of us in our 40's...
( he runs Marathons )  He also has tons of experience driving sprint cars
and has been doing the LSR gig quite a while....  So he'd be a classic case
of a guy who is not only physically capable but mentally skilled in the art
of driving race cars.  His age has little bearing on his skill set.

My concept here was to bring up the subject of driving skill and to discuss
how each of us could better our own efforts...  I think I'm going to write
and e-mail to you guys about learning and the laws of learning... it might
have some value at this point...  it will take some time... ( mostly just to
remember this crap )...