[Land-speed] Tearing up the salt

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 18:54:40 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/22/2007 5:32:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
saltracer at awwwsome.com writes:

There  are many other places where the salt is thin. I suspect that one of
the big  problems with the salt thickness, at least around the access road,
is the  building of the freeway and the access road which does not allow the
water  to move freely back and forth as it did in the past. I suspect that
there  is a salt layer with mud on top and a salt layer on top of that mud.
It  would be interesting to take a core sample and see just what is under  the
surface salt.

Tom, Redding CA - #216  D/FCC

I wonder if ground penetrating radar could differentiate the sub surface
conditions? There has been a lot of it used in fly overs for archaeologic  digs
that shows roads, depths of long buried civilizations,  etc.
Is there other existent technology like Infrared or the like that has a
similar application?
It'd be great if we could run an ultralight over the entire area and  pick
out the best surface and subsurface.
Bob, or a used Huey?,W