[Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 23:58:17 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/19/2007 11:17:29 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
kturk at ala.net writes:

Which  side of your mouth am I supposed to believe?

That our accomplishments  were good or hollow?

Having a bit of trouble with that one  Otto...

Keith

Hi Keith

That's easy, you can believe both sides of my mouth because both sides
spoke. The accomplishments were good and hollow! I'll try to explain.  I'll type
slowly! LOL

Respecting how the car performed on the salt is one thing. It went down
track and never skipped a beat. It's stable and very fast. The drivers were
skilled as were their mechanical abilities. I respect all of that and never
challenged it! Are we together so far? That's the "good" side of my mouth.

On the other hand, I wasn't as impressed that your entire, well planned out
and executed goal, was to break as many open or soft records as humanely
possible. That was the original goal of the car as I recall in David's  original
editorial in Hot Rod on the birth of the Camaro. Nothing wrong  with that.

Unlike your team's goals, I'm not a cherry picker. I like a challenge.
Always have, always will. I see no inner reward to me, the only person I have to
impress, by setting an open or soft record.

Just two schools of thought and two levels of personal integrity.

Otto