[Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 23:12:32 MDT 2007

Hi Keith

I pulled this from the e-mail "that started it all".

In a message dated 8/19/2007 12:48:16 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, Askotto
writes:

I think it's great you have the HRMS dialed in to "Bracket car"  consistency
on the elusive salt. That in itself is a tremendous  accomplishment. You did
your aero homework and it shows. The fact that you can  seemingly put anybody
in the seat and set a record is pretty amazing. I want  my turn on the E ticket
ride! LOL

Somehow EVERYBODY missed that paragraph.

So get it straight, I have total respect for the HRMS's accomplishments on
the salt. But, in my opinion, the record setting spree was a hollow victory
because they were mostly on soft or open records. Just like my 197 record at the
 Texas mile. It means nothing to me because it was an open record. People
have  different "values" for things, plain and simple. What's the big deal?

As usual when I start an LSR powder keg like this one, there are vocal
opponents that tell everybody on the list how wrong I am. That's fine,  everybody
get's their own opinion, except me! LOL.

You know how there are two sides to a coin?

As usual, I get more support on the subject from listers,,, off list  of
course! Many of them are not the usual lurker but listers who flap their  jaws
regularly on the list but unlike me, they are afraid to say it. You  may find
this impossible to believe but there are a lot of racers who  think your record
setting spree was a mockery to the SCTA records and an  insult to some record
holders, just like I did.

Otto