[Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 00:48:16 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/18/2007 8:54:08 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
David.Freiburger at primedia.com writes:

We  didn't find it a hollow victory to run 225-plus mph on ten consecutive
passes,  or to set two out of five new records that would have qualified for red
hats,  but your opinion may vary.

DF

Hi David

OK, hollow victory is a bad term and besides, like I said, I was jealous I
wasn't out there doing it myself, said it was a heck of an  accomplishment and
wished you luck.

I guess what I was trying to say is there are racers out there that put
their heart and sole into there cars trying to set records and they never reach
that point. Some racers come out year after year before finally setting the new
 record. That has to be a tremendous accomplishment to these racers.

On the other hand, having someone hop into someone else's car,  make two runs
and go home with a record just doesn't seem to be as meaningful,  in my
opinion... Unless I'm the one doing it, then it's a tremendous  accomplishment! LOL

I think it's great you have the HRMS dialed in to "Bracket car" consistency
on the elusive salt. That in itself is a tremendous accomplishment. You did
your  aero homework and it shows. The fact that you can seemingly put anybody in
the  seat and set a record is pretty amazing. I want my turn on the E ticket
ride!  LOL

How come your team didn't score 5 red hats along with the 5 records over  200?

Otto