[Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car

Freiburger, David David.Freiburger at primedia.com
Sat Aug 18 20:53:55 MDT 2007

Page, 57 of '07 rule books states, "Once a  vehicle in
the Classic Category has competed in an SCTA-BNI sanctioned  event, the
vehicle MUST REMAIN in that category for the current racing  season".

My copy of the rule book says the same thing. But it does not say that a car
that competes in non-Classic categories must remain non-Classic all year. The
HRM Spl. did not compete at any SCTA-BNI sanctioned event  prior to Speed
Week. The first two classes we entered at Speed Week were in Comp Coupe. We
then changed out of Comp Coupe by removing the belly pan (see '07 rule book
page 59) and into the Classic Altered classes.

The rule was designed so that cars could not compete in Gas Coupe and Classic
Gas Coupe, in Gas Altered and Classic Gas Altered, and so on. There is no
class for Classic Comp Coupe.

We didn't find it a hollow victory to run 225-plus mph on ten consecutive
passes, or to set two out of five new records that would have qualified for
red hats, but your opinion may vary.

DF