[Land-speed] Scam of the Week

Doug Anderson boogiewoogie12 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:15:36 MDT 2007

       Otto  your'e a freaking HERO

               wow,  you DA man

        burned that sucker -you did!         whoa.

           heavy stuff

  cheers, "Dirt Track Doug" in So. New York,

  -18 miles from Square Deal Raceway,
  -20 miles east of Action Park Speedway,
  -60 miles northeast of Champion Speedway
  -105 miles south of "the  Syracuse  Mile" ...
  -265 miles north of Williams Grove Speedway
  -2425 miles due east of the Bonneville Salt Flats
          and never more than a few feet from a cold one

From: Askotto at aol.com

ed at vetteracing.com writes:

Even  PatPal is not fool-proof. I bought an item on Ebay, paid by payPal,
never got  the item so I disputed it. Here's the catch, If PayPal can't
recover
the  funds, then YOU don't get the funds.

==============================

Hi Ed

Watch out for the E-Bay "Fair trade deal" too. It's where you send 1/2 of
the bread to the "Fair Trade people" and they give the bread to the seller.
The
seller is then sup post to ship the item. You are sup post to receive the
goods  at which time, if you are happy, you send the seller the other 1/2 of
the
bread. If you don't like the goods, you send them back and get your 1/2 down
back. Sounds fair. The only problem is the seller grabs the 50% and never
sends  an item he never had.

I know! No I didn't get slammed, I caught a guy from the UK that listed a
34
Ford 5 window coupe I had just sold on E-Bay for $34K. He listed it with a
"Buy it now" for $8995.00 only he didn't have the car. It was on it's way to
New  Jersey. Actually I caught two different "sellers" that scammed it. They
both copied my add including all the pictures and simply listed it under a
scam
seller name. One of them scammed someone else's seller ID but the
correspondents  went to him instead of the real sellers name.

The UK guy even gave me a phone number in the states that forwarded to his
phone in the UK. He said the car was actually in a storage garage in England
when I asked for more pics I knew he couldn't produce. I baited him along
letting him think I wanted to buy his scam car. He made arrangements for me
send the 1/2 deposit to a "Fair Trade Location" which I agreed to. When he
went
to pick it up, the authorities cheerfully greeted him instead. The guy had
been  doing it for a while for cars, Boats and Motorcycles. I was the only
"buyer"  that knew he was a scammer before the fact so they were able to
catch him
in the act. All the others learned the hard way after he picked up his bread
and  was long gone.

Otto