[Land-speed] Otto

Askotto at aol.com Askotto at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 00:56:55 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/6/2007 11:26:50 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
clab at bellsouth.net writes:

And  don't forget Otto's collection of engines, WOW!
Woops, I forgot, I'm a  lurker, I'll just slip back into the  shadows.......
chad

Hi Chad

You know what they say, "A guy can't have too many engines!"

You can blame David Freiburger for my collection!!! He validated it was OK
to have 20 or 30 project cars sitting around. You need cool engines for all
these projects right? Cool parts to go on these cool engines? The rest is
history...

He and Steve Magnante, Terry McGean and Hot Rod TV producer Kevin Oeste  came
on my live TV show, "Ask Otto" when they were in town for 2002 Power  Tour.
David and I were comparing notes on our obsession to collect cars and  parts.
We both will never have time to complete all of them even though we buy  them
in earnest to build them into some weird and amusing hot rod. It's a  motor
head sickness there is no cure for.

Come to think of it, when David came on the live set he fell over  backwards
when he sat in the car bucket seats I have. His feet shot straight up  and all
you could see was the bottom of his sandels! Oeste even ran the clip on  Hot
Rod TV when they introduced David as the new Editor in Chief for Hot Rod
"going head over heals" about his new job! He even "highlighted" it in Hot Rod
Magazine as a Power Tour first, "Editor falls on ass on live TV!"

It was great meeting you guys!!! I haven't done anything on Ankle  Biter
since you helped me pull the SB2.2. Want me to next day air some Sadies  grub? LOL

You gonna run Maxton this year?

Otto