[Land-speed] The Waiting...

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Sun Aug 5 07:17:26 MDT 2007

Sounds an awful lot like any  good/bad/indifferent day in the army for, let's
say, the last 200 years or sob& Because of the potential for  last minute
work related travel, I  went for the  refundable tickets two months ago just
in case.
  The  Farmers Almanack and the USWS said it would probably be drier and
warmer than usual owing to a half degree increase in average temps.  My take
is that three virtually immutable  "laws"  come into play:   The first,
involving one or more laws of thermodynamics results in energy going somewhere
-  in this case, instead of water under the bridge, it's water on the salt
waiting to go under the bridge...  Caused, in part,  by the second law
(Murphy, et al) and more or less guaranteed by the third : the old Man plans,
God laughs..   That said,  I always thought that He was a fuel coupe kind of
guy whose only chuckling at this point...
   My prayers go out  for everyone  who has poured time, blood, sweat, tears,
bucks and heart into their cars,    that  the salt be flat,  the weather fair,
the courses safe, and that everybody  makes an ok pass.  Would a banner year
for hats and records be asking a bit  too much???
Mark C