[Land-speed] Decision....

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Aug 4 19:11:08 MDT 2007

Well, Jd, let me say...Blow it out your ass...

I was hoping for the sake of the bazillion folk who travel from far off
places to have a bit of early warning to change directions. And that was
what was promised. Decision on Saturday. So what changed? I understand
the need to make the right decision. But you know this is a 175,000
dollar effort under way here. 500 entries at 350 bucks each. That alone
should cause management to step up the pace and get er done don't you
think? And that does not include all the wasted fuel by folk traveling
on a budget from who knows where.  So give it up and have the folks do
the job promised. As to the experience of others why weren't they the
one who went to look the situationover? Was there some question of water
actually being on the salt that they sent someone to take a quick look?
Then the "experience" can come up to verify that? In my line of
business, I would have sent the right people up on a plane to look the
situation over and then tell the rest of the management team what to do.
As soon as people started showing concerns over the event actaulizing,
management should have taken instant action to reassure those folk since
they have already paid their money.

Some people have already lost the ability to cancel airline flights
because of the delay in decision making. Will the SCTA step up to
re-imbursement because of delayed information? Nah, I didn't think so.
But a decision today would have made a difference.

Now you want to whine some?

mayf