[Land-speed] On Pins & Needles - Waiting Weather Report

Jim Webb jimwebb at nutsracing.com
Sat Aug 4 10:52:39 MDT 2007

Normally, we leave on Tuesday AM to arrive at the salt on Thursday.
Typically, that means that the truck has to be all finished the weekend
before, so all that's left is to pack the trucks and trailer and be ready
for an early departure.

This year is somewhat different. Here we are sitting with the truck about
90% together. The drivetrain is in and ready, but the rest of the sheet
metal is still scattered around the shop. There is a bit more fabrication to
do which requires quite a bit of my nice new sheet of aluminum that was
destined for the lakester. The deal is that the engine is a loaner for more
reasons than I care to go into. It should work great, but it's simply not my
junk, so I'd hate to break it. The owner needs it back as soon as we're done
'cause he's already started on his car.

We're at the decision point. keep assembling and whack up lots of luminum,
or start pulling it all apart???

I check Landracing, the list, and the SLC radar about every ten minutes! Of
course, if it's a go, we can just skip a few nights sleep - we don't need no
stinking sleep!

Jim Webb

Choc Full o' Nuts

A/PP B/PP ?/FL