[Land-speed] Salt report

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 2 08:39:03 MDT 2007

It's time to be concerned but not to panic...yet. We have arrived on a Tuesdays to start setting up a few years back and had to fight water until Monday when limited running was done. By Tuesday of Speedweek all was OK and we ran thru Friday. Many records were set by those who could stay.

What is unfortunate is those who must travel cross country and those who go to work at the salt. For those you you who must leave have a person watching the websites to give you a call while your on the road. Make sure you carry your hotel # to cancel your rooms if it is cancelled.

One of our concerns is also to not destroy the salt surface will all of our trucks and trailers when driving the 3-4 miles to the pits. Damn hard on a truck.

I like some of you will be leaving at 0200 Sunday morning with my phone on hoping for the best.
Good Luck....JD

For all you newbies..........This is normal