[Healeys] Timeless shape !

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Sep 24 08:17:05 MDT 2023

wrt: "... there's almost a delay between when it starts to turn and when
it finishes turning"

Yep. I think it's partly due to the 'slop' in the worm-and-peg steering,
and significant understeer. I put a larger (front) sway bar on my BJ8
and that helped (at least, the car stays flatter in turns). Also,
setting camber to zero--or presumably, negative--makes turn-in/out a bit
more responsive. Ironically, perhaps, if your car tracks true driving on
straight highways is actually more relaxed and can be done with
'thumb-and-index-finger.' I feel like I have to keep a pretty good grip
on my Mustang's wheel, with electric-assisted rack-and-pinion, lest it
get away from me (at least, in the 'sport' mode I usually drive in).

Note he had a big grin on his face for most of the video.