[Healeys] [O/T] Brake pad info

Kees Oudesluijs coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Sep 22 15:43:59 MDT 2023

Limited value as it is not an independent way of testing. However there
are huge differences in the quality of brake pads.

I tested brake pads for the ANWB, the Dutch AAA, in the 90's and was
very surprised that even certified replacement products did not conform
to the official norm at the time and some not certified product did
conform. This was basically a requirement that any characteristic of a
replacement brake pad for a car should not deviate more than 15% from
the O.E. brake pad, this included friction cold and hot, heat
resistance, fading. These tests were on a special computer controlled
brake test rig in a university lab using new pads bought anonymously in
shops, garages, car parts stores etc. and tested on O.E. disk which were
renewed and run in with the pads under test.

The safest way of renewing brake pads is to use O.E. pads. If you are
not deeply involved in the business, you just do not know with other
replacements. They can be just as good as O.E. but can also fail dismally.

Kees Oudesluijs

--
Dit e-mailbericht is met AVG-antivirussoftware gecontroleerd op virussen.
www.avg.com