[Healeys] Overdrive relay.

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Sun Sep 17 11:19:52 MDT 2023

I am putting a modern relay into my OD relay. Done it before with both the
8-way flasher box and the OD relay. Works well, though this one only managed
+/-10 years. 10 years, but not so very many miles.

Anyhow..it's a really tight fit in there and I thought I might save some
space with thinner wires this time. What does the team think about the
ampage flowing around in there? Is there much and is it constant when the
car's in OD or is it just a short burst to activate the coil and energize
the solenoid? I'm thinking that bigger wires means less space (Harder to
bend into little spaces) and thinner wires means overheating and consequent
problems...

Simon