[Healeys] Hydraulic system maintenance

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 12:19:02 MDT 2023

 Has anyone found a source for new aluminum cylinders that are anodized? I read that the way to test them is to measure the continuity of the surface. Anodized won't conduct. I checked a few & either they were not anodized or if they were they bored out the cylinder after anodizing. Is it possible that if the bore is smooth/polished, as opposed to honing which is coarse, the rubber seal will last as long as it would in an anodized bore? And the bore should last long enough (years, decades) since it is harder that the rubber seal.Gary Hodson