[Healeys] Electrical Question bJ8

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 07:12:26 MDT 2023

Tom,

What kind of 'test lamp?' Timing light, spark detector or 'other?'
Connecting any neg. terminal to pos. gnd. would create a dead short;
your test lamp must have enough resistance to prevent that (else you'd
fry the wire and maybe your harness). The neg. coil terminal is your
primary ignition 'hot' lead; points, if you have them, switch to ground
(Pertronix would have pos. terminal permanently wired to gnd.).

Bob