[Healeys] Overdrive pressures

Hank Leach gradea1 at charter.net
Wed Aug 9 10:25:32 MDT 2023

Those higher pressures show a healthy OD and you are probably using
the modern rubber O-rings rather than the steel originals. However,
one thing to check is the bleed down-release of pressure. If after
stopping the unit the pressure should slowly leak down to 0 and/or if
you worked the lever a few times it would bleed out. If that does not
happen, there is dirt in the operating valve passage and must be
cleared to function properly. If left unattended, the unit will not
come out of overdrive and if the vehicle is backed up, damage would be
done to the unit. Hank