[Healeys] radiator leak

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 08:51:30 MDT 2022

Have the tank resoldered, and while you're at it, get an upgraded core
('Excel' brand of equivalent). In my experience, JB Weld and other
adhesives work OK, at least temporarily when it's applied on the
'inside' of a break or crack, when slapped on the 'outside,' as in this
case, it's a quick fix at best. Plus, surfaces generally need to be
really clean for any adhesive to work, in this case you'd be applying to
old, dirty solder which has already failed.

A quick internet search on 'radiator repair near Portsmough NH' got a
few hits. I'd probably start here:
https://www.dowsautomotiveservice.com/Portsmouth-auto-ac-repair.html