[Healeys] Sad news - Rallyist Killed in Healey 100

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 11 04:17:06 MDT 2022

Hello

Thank you to everyone. I am really quite touched by the wonderfully warm messages I have received.

In the 30+ years I have been part of this list, apart from fellow Aussies and Kiwis, I have had the pleasure of meeting five fellow list members. There were three in the 1990s (one I first met in 1975 when I visited the US) while they visited Australia, then Ray Juncal in 2008 when we met at the Laguna Seca Historic Racing and finally Steve and Freida Byers when they visited Sydney a couple of years back. All are genuinely lovely people who were a pleasure to meet and enhance our friendships. I still correspond regularly to some outside the list traffic.

Hence why I was so taken aback by the vitriol.

Putting all that behind, I bought my first 100 in 1972 at age 20, and in addition to Healeys and Austin-Healeys I have been involved in Historic Motorsport since before that and still am. There are many competent and enthusiastic drivers who have added OBE after their sign written names on their cars. No they haven't all been awarded the Order of the British Empire. Many are Over Bloody Eighty.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia