[Healeys] Intermittent OD

Richard Antal rantal243 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 14:23:55 MST 2022

Gents,The solenoid and switch preceding it are twenty years old on my BJ8. In the past few months it operated unpredictably. I've pulled the tranny cover and demonstrated that the solenoid was failing to engage though power was coming to the switch. Before I could test to see if current was coming out of the switch to the solenoid, the later suddenly engaged. I was unable to reproduce failure of the solenoid to engage. The intermittent failure must be either due to the switch or the solenoid itself. Which is most likely to be the culprit? TIA.  rich antal