[Healeys] Finish for Aluminum Cockpit Surround

jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 6 06:13:13 MST 2022

Harold,

I never had any success with trying to strip the anodizing chemically. The
best way is to have an anodizing company remove it by reverse anodizing.
Du-All Anodizing GMP Plating Inc. stripped and anodized my BT7 cockpit
molding for $115 USD. Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara California polished
the pieces for $275. Those are 2013 prices so no doubt the cost will have
increased.

My moldings were in pretty good shape.

John