[Healeys] It's not the starter

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun May 22 11:39:03 MDT 2022

Patrick- whenever I set an engine away for a time I remove the plugs
and spray some "fogging oil" into the cylinders-keeps rings and bore
from oxidation. Then when starting, it is free to move without
resistance. A good place to turn over the engine by hand is the crank
pully nut using a socket and long bar. If too wide, use a big 1 -7/16
open wrench (spanner). You should be able to rotate it thru
compression each stroke.
If all that works. then I agree with everyone else that there is
resistance or corrosion on the electrical connections. Don't know if
the BN3 had a master switch but that is one source of issues. I find
on my 100, 2-six volt connections, that the rear crossover cable
helmet must be in perfect contact or it will click the solenoid.
Yes, only two issue-one mechanical and the other electrical-hope for
poor connections. Regards, Hank