[Healeys] Accessing OD/Solenoid adjustment

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Thu Mar 31 05:54:01 MDT 2022

Nobody got a "dial" gauge per my last?

It seems plain that I'll certainly be testing out the solenoid then probably
having to adjust the rise/fall of the "lever - solenoid" that moves the
operating valve up & down.

It is ages, if it ever happened, that I had to access this lever myself.
It's behind a plate/cover which, on my BT7 at least, is precisely level with
the floor pan and the raised section thereof for the tunnel cover. No
surprises there!!? I could get the cover off at a pinch but no way could I
do a decent job with the lever. So....how much do I have to do to be able to
jack that end of the gearbox up to gain access?

Thanks,

Simon